Saturday, September 22, 2007

Goat Cheese Ice Cream

I know that to most people, goat cheese ice cream just doesn't sound that appealing. Well, it didn't sound that appealing to me either when I first saw the recipe in The Perfect Scoop - but when we got a little baggy of goat cheese in our CSA basket, into the ice cream maker it went! David Lebovitz describes it as tasting like cheesecake. I disagree. The taste was... interesting. Now, if you like the taste of goat cheese, you will probably like this ice cream. But I am not a big fan of goat cheese; I was just hoping that adding milk, sugar, and eggs to it would make it taste good. Alas, it still tasted goat-y to me. A little honey and toasted pecans did dress it up a little, but I don't think I'll be making this one again. Maybe I would try a different recipe that uses less goat cheese, like this one, instead.

No comments: