Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fettucine with Brussels Sprouts and Pine Nuts



I have only eaten Brussels sprouts a few times, but enough times to know that I did not like them. Naturally, my husband was a little surprised that I picked this one for dinner tonight. Well, I had just happened upon it on Epicurious, and it had gotten so many positive reviews... so I thought I'd give the old sprouts another shot. It had been a while since I had tried them, maybe I would love them now that I'm an adult.

Well, before tonight I hated Brussels sprouts, now I am more neutral. My husband and I thought this was good, but not enough to make us Brussels sprouts lovers. I am just not a fan of bitter greens. I guess they get bitter if you overcook them, so maybe I overcooked them... I sauteed them for 5 or 6 minutes when the recipe said 4 minutes, but the recipe said to saute them until they were lightly browned and they weren't lightly browned yet - so who knows if I overcooked them or not. I don't know if I would make this again, but I would eat Brussels sprouts again if offered.

1 comment:

KGSRV said...

Hi Ruth!! It's me, Kim! I found your blog through Facebook, LOL. GREAT idea for a blog!!!!

I HATE brussel sprouts. I know "hate" is a strong word, but that's how strongly I dislike that particular vegetable!! The only way I can get them down my throat, even now as an adult, is to eat them with mayo. ;P