Sunday, May 27, 2007

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

I made this salad for lunch today for me and a friend. I have never eaten quinoa before but have heard how good it is for you, so I wanted to try it. I bought some from a local health food store and cooked it today. This was a great salad and pretty easy to make. I just boiled the quinoa for 20 minutes rather than steam it, because I don't have a sieve. I used most of one fresh jalapeno, and bottled lime juice rather than fresh. I would make this again for a light supper or for a summer picnic. It was light but still filling, and the quinoa has a nice texture.

2 comments:

SeattleStamper said...

What a fun blog! I love to cook as well as stamp. This salad sound heavenly. I love both quinoa & Black Beans. Yum!

Beth Thomas said...

What a fun idea! I'm packing on calories just reading. I stopped by to say I appreciated you leaving a comment on my blog and this was truly a treat. Adding ya to my favs! By the way, Technique Tuesday has some GREAT clear alphabets! Also, I'm a displaced Tennessean in Alabama!